Effective March 26, 2020. Complete services will also be available by phone through the consumer Service Contact Center at 877-501-2233:
- Submit an application for benefits or complete eligibility review without filling in a paper or online type
- Complete an meeting for benefits
- Get instance report or information modifications
- Complete a mid-certification review
- Demand an upgraded EBT card
- Reach a WorkFirst situation supervisor or social worker
A couple of in-person solutions can be found in CSO lobbies for a restricted amount of customers to get:
- An EBT card, once the person has general distribution mail solutions only as well as certain expedited food recipients. All the other EBT cards will soon be mailed through the merchant or by way of an office mail process that is local. Consumers may contact EBT customer support at 888-328-9271 for EBT card replacements.
- Crisis support solutions, whenever mailing those solutions is certainly not an alternative.
Clients may continue steadily to fall off documents via fall containers, where available. Paperwork are going to be found daily and routed for processing.
- Consumers can submit applications, reviews and mid-certifications online for system support. They could additionally report modifications and discover other neighborhood solutions.
Services Available On The Internet
Submit an application for benefits, submit your report or review modifications anytime! Lees verder Did you know you are now able to finish nearly all your DSHS online businesses or via phone?